Quote:

Tom said:
We were taught that doing those things (tongues and raising hands) pleased God and was a way our spirits gave praise to the Father.

This is my point, raising hands in the furthering of the Charismatic agenda, and speaking in tongues today is NOT SCRIPTURAL. This is regardless of whether this deception is done "innocently" or not. If one believes this charismatic heresy "gives praise to the Father" then this logically means that those who do not do this;- DO NOT please the Father.

Quote:

I am beginning to wonder if I should participate in forums like this one.

I'm sorry Tom if this thread got sort of derailed, but I do believe that this Charismatic heresy is causing much more grief, confusion and damage in the Christian community than anyone is willing to give them credit. I've seen way too many people messed up by the Charismatics terribly, even to the point of mental institutions by the likes of those on TBN and CBN and down at the local "Peoples Church". Some of them, forever.

Thanks be to my God who loses none of His children!

Denny

Romans 3:22-24

Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." [John 6:68]