olpo25 said:

In terms of the final question I have for all of you, which is the second question I ask you here, if I can use capital punishment once again for example's sake, how does one specifically substantiate some of God's evolving perspectives concerning such, which plays into a larger sub-theme of the Bible itself-

God's perspective does not "evolve," first of all. It is eternal, having no beginning nor end. Nothing changes it, it doesn't improve or soften over time. That is true only of humans, but not the Creator.

Perhaps Numbers 35:6 and following is relevant to your question. The Levites had no designated land, but were instead to be given land - even whole cities - from among the other tribes. Six of those cities were designated "for the man-slayer to flee to" for safety from kinsman avengers until trial. This was for unintentional killings, accidents, self-defense, etc. Yet it seems an exception to the strict "eye for an eye" mindset we usually associate with ancient Israel and Old Testament law.

The death penalty does not go unpaid!

The difference is in who pays (or has paid) that penalty for sin. David was spared, as all believers are, from God's justice because a Substitute bore the penalty in our stead. His sacrifice is the basis for every "exception" to the death penalty requirement. Every one of us has committed murder in our hearts, and every one of us is no less guilty of murder than Moses, David, or Paul.