RefBap wrote: It's really not my intention here to make fun of anyone or their beliefs. <br> <br>[color:purple]Scott responds: Thanks RefBap - I appreciate your lack of sarcasm. I am not even going to bother responding further to some of Paul's diatribes[Linked Image] - such is not worth the time or effort. I will continue with those who remain sincere, and will with Paul too, if he changes his tune a bit.</font color=purple><br><br>RefBap continues: I just must be missing something because I fail to see what doing good deeds "especially in the morning" has to do with anything. Am I to assume that doing good deeds in the morning is more virtuous than doing them in the afternoon or evening? Who came up with this? I suppose I'm focusing on a minor matter anyway, but that still strikes me as being funny. <br> <br>[color:purple]Scott replies: Well, if it was said the way you took it, I would think it funny too. The point of "especially in the morning" was regarding the making of "good intentions." (So it appears you were "missing something" - see quote below from Paul's original posting). If you start your day with good intentions, you're more likely to follow-through with them. If you don't even think about good intentions till later in the day, or even till night - you may have wasted a whole day away. So, regarding meditating on good intentions - it is especially a good thing to do in the morning - for it "sets the day."<br> <br>Is that a bit more clear, and perhaps less "funny?"<br> <br>In JMJ,<br> <br>Scott<<<<br></font color=purple><br> <br>Quote from Paul's original on this subject, with the emphasis changed a bit:<br><blockquote>Q. 483. Does God reward anything but our good works?<br>A. God rewards our good intention and desire to serve Him, even when our works are not successful. We should make this <font class="big">good intention</font> often during the day, and <font class="big">especially in the morning</font>.</blockquote><br>[color:purple]Noting, the Catechism in this particular Q/A is talking about "anything <font class="big">BUT</font> works." I hope that helps clarify, with the emphasis put in different places.</font color=purple><br> <br> <br>