[color:purple]Paul,<br> <br>I precisely caught your point, you seem to have missed mine. I fully agree that IF you're pointing to Christ's righteousness - then it certainly surpasses that of the Pharisees. However, Matt 5:20 is not talking about Christ's righteousness, is it? That's the point you seem to be missing. The context of Matt 5:20 is talking about rejecting works of the law and submitting one's self to the Grace of Christ. You had to jump around to other points of Scripture to make your point, but the context of Matt 5:20 does not support the point you have been attempting to make - and in fact, supports the position I took.<br> <br>For the record: I submit that the context of Matt 5:20, from which you (Paul) took your initial question, does not support adherence to any righteousness - for the context is condemnatious of attempting to acquire righteousness in accordance with the law, like the Pharisees attempted to do. And unless one fulfills the law even more than the Pharisees, one would not enter the kingdom of heaven. THAT is the point of Matt 5:20 (and context). Do you admit that much yet? If not, I agree, further discourse seems unprofitable.<br> <br>In JMJ,<br> <br>Scott<<<<br></font color=purple>