Just a few thoughts to rub together this morning. They're a little stiff--as am I--so mind your toes. As I read down through these posts my own similar struggles are brought to mind. Doubts and fears and struggles--its tough. Especially this piece:

thredj said:
I think more than losing genuine faith, if that's possible, I'm concerned with being one who cries Lord, Lord and then having Christ say "I never knew you," the thought of that eats at the core of my heart [snip]All in all I don't want this struggle any longer...

I don't know that I have much encouragement this morning as I spent yesterday on the end of a shovel building flower beds for my wife. But I will say this much--sometimes its best just to put your head down and plow forward, you know? Friend of mine once said, "God hits straight licks with crooked sticks." No you don't deserve salvation, no you don't deserve to be serving the Lord, no you're not fit to polish chamberpots in heaven--but you ARE saved and you ARE serving the Lord and he's apparently seen some worth in you or you wouldn't be doing what you're doing. The worst thing we can possibly do is focus on our inadequacies because thats about all we've got. And that may be the problem right there, the focus has shifted from how great and awesome he is to how lowly and pitiful you are. Poor me, I'm a wretched, awful, terrible, sinful person. You're right, you are. But praise God he doesn't see it that way!

Josh
"...the word of God is not bound."--2 Timothy 2:9