pilgrim

So, we are back here again, eh? Logically, you MUST therefore believe in the doctrine of eternal justification, which cannot be defended from Scripture. 1Jh 2:1,2 is not applicable to the unconverted.

I believe 1 Jn 2:1-2 is applicable to any sinner Christ died for. Jesus prays for them He dies for before they are converted friend, read Jn 17:20

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

There believing on Him was yet future, but He prayed for them because He sanctified Himself for them in His Death for them Jn 1719

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

Christ is praying for the unconverted elect here, and do you doubt He makes intercession for them in Heaven before they are converted Rom 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.