When the Progressive Christianity page at the bottom states they are an "evolving faith", that is enough to alarm me:

"Beloved, while I was giving all diligence to write unto you of our common salvation, I was constrained to write unto you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered unto the saints." (Jude 1:3, ERV)

I grew up in Dispensationalism on the Scofield, many years ago. After leaving that unbiblical system I came to view it as heresy for two main reasons: their teaching that there are to be Old Covenant style sacrifices in their idea of a 1000 year reign of Christ on earth, and their insistence that there are two separate peoples of God. I see in the MacArthur Study Bible that blasphemous idea of sacrifices in their millennium is continued and called a memorial. I do not see why you have the memorial with the Christ there with you.

So, I'm not sure how closely my view of the Scriptures lines up with official NCT. I was attracted to the 1646 Confession mainly on two points, their brevity and closeness to the doctrines stated so closely to the statements of Scripture, and the following statement on law:

"XXV.

The preaching of the gospel to the conversion of sinners, is absolutely free; no way requiring as absolutely necessary, any qualifications, preparations, or terrors of the law, or preceding ministry of the law, but only and alone the naked soul, a sinner and ungodly, to receive Christ crucified, dead and buried, and risen again; who is made a prince and a Savior for such sinners as through the gospel shall be brought to believe on Him.

John 3:14,15, 1:12; Isa. 55:1; John 7:37; 1 Tim. 1:15; Rom. 4:5, 5:8; Acts 5:30,31, 2:36, 1 Cor. 1:22,24."

I try to check the YLT and Interlinear NTs to see if the definite article is actually in front of "law". I have never been a Jew so the Law of Moses was never given to me. Yet, I believe every man in every time has the basics of the Ten Commandments within him from creation. So, I've always been under law, just not the Mosaic Law.

When I read Paul making references to the law when speaking to Gentiles, I keep in mind that Paul quotes the OT often so it would be natural for him to express himself even to Gentiles from the OT perspective. He taught that the OT was an example for us so I think it natural to speak from that viewpoint.

The older theologians I read from I suppose would all be followers of CT, but I never felt a separation from them or a problem. John Gill was a historical pre-mil, but he also taught the "the Spiritual Reign of Christ, in his Body of Divinity. I tend to be probably classed as post-mil, but his Spiritual Reign of Christ is how I view the millennium.

Eddie

A New Covenant believer who embraces the Five Solas. My Sola Scriptura study uses the KJV, RV, YLT & LXX English translations using the 1828 Webster's Dict.; and word studies based on the Hebrew, Greek & LXX. I value the doctrinal understandings held in unison by the body of Christ as in the old paths, Jeremiah 6:16.