Originally Posted by John_C
Is it the 5 Solas, or the 5 points of the fundamentals of the faith declared back in the 1910's. Are there essentials that are underneath non-essentials to the above?
First, I'm not 100% clear on what the following means: "Are there essentials that are underneath non-essentials to the above?", but I'll take a guess. grin

Second, for clarification of those who may not be familiar with the "Five Essentials of the Faith" of 1910:
  1. The inspiration of the Bible by the Holy Spirit and the inerrancy of Scripture as a result of this.
  2. The virgin birth of Christ.
  3. The belief that Christ's death was an atonement for sin.
  4. The bodily resurrection of Christ.
  5. The historical reality of Christ's miracles.

Third, I view those "Five Essentials" as being far too broad in scope because they would acknowledge Arminianism, semi-Pelagianism, Pelagianism, Roman Catholicism and most sects as being legitimately Christian, i.e., acceptably teaching biblical truth, especially in the matter of salvation, to which I would strongly disagree.

Fourth, so I obviously believe that there are far more "essentials" that need to be included than those listed in the "Five Essentials of the Faith" of 1910.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]