I think you have gotten to the essence of the matter. grin Our motivation unto sanctification is grounded in our new found love for God and all that is holy and right. Robin did a wonderful job of expanding on this with his reply. My perspective is that by nature, we are all God haters and rebel against all that is good due to our corruption of nature inherited from our first father Adam. However, when the grace of God comes upon a sinner and the Holy Spirit works regeneration in our souls, we are given a new nature. This change is a radical change indeed for with it comes not only a conviction of sin, i.e., we are given to see our corruptness but also but a love for God and a true desire to do all that pleases Him. Our inclination is toward becoming like Christ, to put on the new man which is for righteousness, holiness and in true knowledge.

Our union with Christ is similiar to that union which He has with His Father albeit imperfect. What a glorious privilege we have being delivered from darkness to light.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]