Good question....both are bad.

I would say that the former error is the most prevalent in the church at large today. Instead of looking at fruit over the long-run in people's lives, they look at temporary results and numbers of "decisions made for Christ." Just because you walked an aisle or prayed a prayer doesn't make you a true disciple. Just because you gave a check at a missions dinner doesn't mean you gave sacrificially or from the heart as God desires.

On the other hand, if I heard that, at a good, Gospel believing church, 20 people came to the pastor after the sermon and said they were convicted of their sin during the sermon and received Christ as Savior and Lord, then I would rejoice in that. I would pray that their faith would be quickly shown in the bearing of much fruit, but also I would realize that some Christians grow in maturity faster than others. If there was a sermon on the importance of prayer and then prayer meeting the next week is doubled in size, wouldn't it be charity to believe that my brethren really were convicted and not manipulated?

I could make the second scenario more interesting by saying "20 lost people started asking 'What must I do to be saved?' before the pastor stopped preaching" Of course, the average non-Reformed church would say, "Just walk down the aisle." Not that I've ever seen anyone ever do that in a service before...

True godliness is a sincere feeling which loves God as Father as much as it fears and reverences Him as Lord, embraces His righteousness, and dreads offending Him worse than death~ Calvin