Dear Howard:<br><br>I, also, have had, and do have, some aquaintances in the RC church who are some of the nicest, most helpful, and most kind people I know and we have relationships of mutual respect. courtesy, and understanding. I would add, that in my personal experience of over 53 yrs. it has been my RC aquiantances who were much more willing to help with the tasks of life than my Protestant aquaintances, while my Protestant ones made the loudest noise about same.<br><br>I, with you, believe that there are elect children in the RC system and that the Lord is quite capable of calling them as He does all of His chosen. And, I with you believe that when He does so, they, like Luther and Calvin, will eventually "come out from among them and be separate", and the Spirit inspired the second part of that verse just as much as the first, "and touch not the unclean thing". <br><br>To equate working together with RC's on secular matters such as police forces and national defence with working together on those things that are commanded in scripture is so ludicrous as to greatly undermine the credibility of those who would offer such arguements in their defence. <br><br>Over and over again the scriptures teach the error of mixing the secular with the sacred and the value of drawing clear lines between what is holy, right and good and that which only pretends to be. It has always been the tactic of the adversary to mix right with wrong to confuse the issue. Dialoging with RC's IS NOT the same thing as working with them on issues of scriptural importance. This is not a difficult distinction to make, and I am saddened to see that those who guide the direction of this site fail to make such distinctions.<br><br>I notice neither you nor I have gotten an answer to our question as to whether those who support this position believe that the reformers and their leading successors would have signed such a document, more less have worked with RC's on "religious projects".<br><br>Take courage, Howard, <br><br>Gerry