I am neither armeniast or reformed so I feel I have a place to speak here.. I understand where lacknothing is comeing from. Seeing as how I am not a reformed christian. I too struggle with the idea of election yet for an entirely different reason.. Foreknowledge if you look it up in the webster dictionary says...."to know beforehand"..
So based on our English dictionary, we could assume that God knew beforehand what would happen and who would be taken to Heaven... The question I have with the elect is with this word Forknew/forknowledge.. God could not be God without knowing all things, if He was.... Well I wouldnt want to follow Him.. But did he choose us just because we were every 33 person he created? If I understand the process of the elect, God did not choose me over someone else for any specific reason, it was just because? Anyway, or did He choose us because He knew that when we lived, we would be willing to live for Him? I may define my words a little bit different than most, but is choice a work?? It definitely an action but are all actions works? Is repentance a work? Maybe someone here can offer some definitions for me?