Originally Posted by hisalone
That sheds light on everything, instead of being treated as a brother in Christ, when there is disagreement, the opposing person is considered ignorant and unless the one who disagreed doesn’t admit to their ignorance, they will be treated and considered as such. That is why a person feels belittled. I honestly grieved over how Carlos was treated. Although I didn’t agree with what he was saying, he still came across as a brother in the Lord who was only excited about what God was doing in his life, yet the desire was to quench his enthusiasm. We didn’t even give him a chance to work through things showing patience and love.

The desire was to quench his enthusiasm? What on earth are you talking about? Do you consider the contempt (yes, contempt!) Carlos displayed toward "Sunday churches" to be brotherly love? Was his constant characterization of "Sunday churches" as being "mute spectators" focused on gathering in a building once a week a knowledgeable characterization? Was his claim to the authority to baptize, speak aloud spontaneously in worship, serve communion himself at home, etc., evidence of humility? Or did his griping about the functionality of the board (a result of his own ignorance) advance discussion?

If you're going to make accusations of ill-treatment, you need to cite exactly what you think was ill-treatment (by whom!) & point to what scriptural principles you think were violated. Vague generalizations aren't acceptable.

Kyle

I tell you, this man went down to his house justified.