Hi
I have been having a conversation with someone who does not believe in ‘irresistible grace”. I am reluctant to answer what he last told me because quite frankly what he said is quite new to me. The following is what I am talking about.

“I believe that everyone is born with total depravity, and thus all persons are unable (at least temporarily) to choose Christ. I believe that God gives some people (not all) the ability and free will during a certain period of time to surrender to Christ in repentance and faith. All of the elect persons who live past the age of accountability will have this free will when they hear the gospel under the special, illuminating conviction of the Holy Spirit, and all these elect persons will freely surrender to Christ. Some of the non-elect persons will have this free will, but none of the non-elect persons will freely surrender to Christ. Other non-elect persons will never hear the gospel under the special, illuminating conviction of the Holy Spirit, and thus they will not have that free will.”

Any thoughts on how I should approach what he said?