I have a question on how to do with a potential question when witnessing. What if someone asks you, "Well, if it is up to God to regenerate my heart and open my eyes to the Gospel, then why is He not doing it? Awfully unfair of Him, don't you think" Should we given them John 3:8 as an answer?
Of course someone who asks such a question has no concept either of their own sinfulness, guilt and position before God. Nor, does such an individual have an inkling as to the nature of the thrice Holy God whose eyes cannot even look upon sin. Nor, does this person understand the meaning of grace. But this is to be expected, no? (1Cor 2:14; 2Cor 2:15, 16; Eph 4:17-19)

Then, there is always the infamous Romans 9:14-24 passage. And, one of my favourites:

Matthew 11:25-30 (ASV) "At that season Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou didst hide these things from the wise and understanding, and didst reveal them unto babes: yea, Father, for so it was well-pleasing in thy sight. All things have been delivered unto me of my Father: and no one knoweth the Son, save the Father; neither doth any know the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son willeth to reveal [him.] Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

In this wonderful passage of God's Word we have both the indisputable sovereignty of God in salvation AND the responsibility of man in the universal call to those who are burdened by their sins to flee to Christ Who will always and everywhere receive them most assuredly.

In His Grace,

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]