Brother Fred,

Thank you for correcting my words regarding what Dr. MacArthur said. I did not mean to imply that the doctrine of the trinity is wrong, or that Dr. MacArthur does not agree with the doctrine of the trinity. I was only trying to point out that the Godhead/trinity is a mystery to some.

If I said 'Trinity', when I should have said 'Godhead', is a mystery, then I apologize for my ignorance. I have always thought the words were synonymous.

Checking my college dictionary, 'Trinity': Theol. A threefold consubstantial personality existing in the one divine being or substance; the union in one God of Father, Son and Holy Spirit as three infinite persons.

'Godhead': The essential nature of God; the Diety.

Checking my Bible Dictionary, 'Trinity'- the coexistence of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in the unity of the Godhead (divine nature or essence).

Godhead - an old English term that is a synonym for God, with an emphasis on that which makes the triune God essentially one (Rom. 1:20; Col. 2:9).

Romans 1:20 "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so they are without excuse, NKJV
I checked my MacArthur Study Bible and Dr. MacArthur doesn't use the word 'Trinity' in his exegesis of this passage.

Colossians 2:9 "For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;..." NKJV Again, Dr. MacArthur doesn't use the word 'Trinity' in his exegesis of this passage, either.

Ephesians 1:4-14 does not even use the words 'Godhead' or 'Trinity' in the NKJV, nor do I find any menion of either word used by Dr. MacArthur to exegete this passage in his study Bible.

1 Peter 1:2 - "...elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:..."

Again I find neither the word 'Godhead' nor the word 'Trinity' used here. Nor do I find the word 'Godhead' or 'Trinity' used by Dr. MacArthur in his exegesis of this passage in his study Bible.

I only provide this information to those who may not have 'The MacArthur Study Bible.' I do not claim his study Bible contains everything Dr. MacArthur teaches or believes. I have said that I believe 'The MacArthur Study Bible' is usefull and informative, but I do not call it an AUTHORITY, therefore I will not use the word 'authoritative' to describe it, to avoid any confusion.

I'm relaying information I heard Dr. MacArthur say and if I used the word 'Trinity' when I should have used the word 'Godhead' it was an HONEST mistake, since I still don't see any real difference between the two words.

Again, since we do not know exactly what was in the letter Servetus sent to Calvin, how do we know Servetus said anything contradicting Scripture? For all we know or Calvin knew, Servetus may have repented! Although I'm quite sure he (Servetus) would have used that defense at his trial in Geneva, if given the chance.

All we know for sure is Calvin decided along with the Roman Catholic Church that Servetus' teaching was 'heresy' and agreed with the Catholics to the death of Servetus.

That was the point I was trying to make. I was not condoning Servetus' teaching, because obviously I don't know what it was.

I'm simply saying that to agree to execute someone for teaching 'heresy' is unChristian based upon my understanding of the teaching of Christ in 'The Sermon on the Mount.' I've previously cited Matthew 5:38-43, but this passage applies also.

"You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.' But I say unto you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire." Matthew 5:21,22 NKJV

What cause did Calvin have for being angry with Servetus, if Calvin never read the letter it is alleged Servetus sent to him?

If any of you are angry with me for bringing this to your attention, be warned, I am the brother of Jesus Christ and a child of God the Father.

He who has eyes to see, let him see. He who has ears to hear, let him hear."