Originally Posted by brightfame52
I had already said that 2 Thess 2:13 Salvation is by the Spirits work. The Spirit doesnt save from the punishment of sin sir. He the Spirit didnt have the sins of the elect charged to Him so He would die for them.

Thats what i indicated I disagreed with.
Perhaps you should read what Hendriksen wrote again, but carefully this time? He never wrote, nor has he ever written any such silliness. In the partial quote you used as grounds for your objection, he understands that the word "salvation" mentioned first is the totality of the redemption of the elect, from eternal decree to final glorification. Here is the exact words he wrote in context:

Originally Posted by Hendriksen
We - Paul, Silas, and Timothy - cannot do otherwise than ceaselssly thank God for you (pl), brothers in the faith (who are the objects of God's special love), because in his sovereign, immutable election God from the beginning chose you to salvation - which is negatively, rescue from the guilt, pollution, and punishment of sin positively, the entrance into the inheritance reserved for God's children - ; a salvation which becomes your (pl) possession through the work of the Holy Spirit, that is through sanctification -
So, again, why do you disagree with Hendriksen's statement since your first objection is spurious, a mistake perhaps on your part from a misreading of the text? It is more than perspicuous that "through the work of the Holy Spirit, that is through sanctification" cannot be construed to mean what you think you understood he wrote. On this matter, Hendriksen is clearly biblical and orthodox. BigThumbUp

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]